Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Final Reflection

I think the most formative experience in this class (and the one I’ll remember the most) was the customer interview process. The interviews really forced me out of my comfort zone, but they helped me become more confident and improved my people skills. I think my most joyous experience was submitting this final blog post. All the extenuating circumstances have made this semester very difficult, and my motivation for anything and everything school-related has been at an all-time low. I’m really proud of myself for pushing through this drudgery and finishing the semester strong. I’m also proud of myself for my work on the elevator pitches, as I did not have that much experience with them. While I think that my second elevator pitch ended up being my best attempt, I definitely improved from my first attempt and became more confident in the pitch!

 

At the end of the semester, I’m still not sure that I see myself as an entrepreneur. I am still a risk-averse and cautious person, which are not really entrepreneurial traits. That being said, I definitely think that I have come closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset over the course of this semester. This class has helped me learn how to recognize more opportunities, and it has helped me develop more entrepreneurial competencies, like tenacity, willingness to work, and perseverance.

 

One recommendation I would make to future students would be to find an opportunity that they are really passionate about. While you can complete all the assignments with pretty much any opportunity idea, the work goes by much quicker when you are actually interested and invested in the opportunity you picked. Another suggestion to help future students perform better in the course is to complete all the assignments. While it is easy to skip an assignment or two, each assignment really impacts your grade, and the assignments all build on each other, so skipping even one assignment can make it much more difficult to complete future assignments. Also, try not to procrastinate and make sure you have time to complete all the assignments! Working on time management will help you get all the assignments turned in on time, and completing all the assignments will really you foster an entrepreneurial mindset. No matter what, don’t give up and keep working – do this and you’re already in an entrepreneurial mindset!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,
    Yes! Congratulations, you did it!! We've successfully completed the semester despite COVID. I found the same from the interviews, I was out of my comfort zone, but I was able to speak to people I typically wouldn't. By the end, I was more confident with my questions and direction of the venture concept. Learning tenacity, willingness to work, and perseverance are amazing qualities, I'm sure you will apply them in whatever area you decide to pursue! Great job, I have enjoyed your work! Good luck with your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete