1. I’ve
used time management to keep up the requirements of this course. Since a lot of
the assignments require customer interviews, you cannot wait until the last
minute to complete them. You also have to be tenacious in your drive to succeed
to do well in this course. Because of the way that points are earned in this
class, skipping even a few assignments has a major impact on your final grade.
You have to be motivated to complete all the assignments to succeed.
2. A
moment that I felt like giving up was when I didn’t manage my time well and
ended up with a bunch of assignments due on one day. While it would have been
simpler to skip one or two of the assignments, my desire to get a good grade in
the class helped me to focus and get all of the assignments done and turned in
before my deadlines. I feel like I have developed a more tenacious attitude in the
past few months, mainly due to the quarantine. Being stuck at home all the time
has helped me realize how much I miss being busy and thus has helped me become
more driven to work hard and accomplish tasks, both big and small.
3. Three
things I would tell a future student about fostering the skills that support tenacity
are:
·
Make sure you practice time management. Time
management helps prevent procrastination, which can be demoralizing and decrease
tenacity. Instead, make sure you have the time to see your goals through.
·
Don’t bite off more than you can chew. While
staying busy can keep you productive, make sure that you have enough time and
energy to do everything to the best of your ability. It’s hard to be determined
to accomplish something when you know you can’t give it 100%.
·
Set goals. It is hard to tenacious about
something when you don’t have a clear idea of your end goal is. While your
goals can always change, make sure you are actively working towards a goal,
instead of continually working with no end in sight.
Three things I would tell a future
student about developing a tenacious mindset are:
·
Don’t be afraid of hard work. Tenacity means
sticking with something even when it is difficult, and tenacious people are
willing to do whatever it takes to see something through.
·
If you are serious about a goal, set aside time
to work towards accomplishing it often. Creating this dedicated time helps you
to focus on the task at hand. Focusing on the task often will help you become
more tenacious and determined to finish it.
·
Don’t give up. It is easy to be determined to
reach a goal when there are minimal obstacles in your way. Being able to persevere
and push through adversity is the ultimate test of tenacity and determination.
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteI agree, being stuck at home has given me a new outlook on my daily purpose and tasks. I have been out of work since March, although my days still fill up with other tasks, schoolwork has given me meaning i enjoy. I like your tip ( If you are serious about a goal, set aside time to work towards accomplishing it often.) Great advice, to not bite off too much at once instead set apart time to work on it regularly.
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteTime management is very important in this class. Even though some of the assignments seem easy at first glance, they become very time consuming. I think the biggest burden for me has been the interviews. I have had issues with completing some of the assignments due to that alone. If I start an assignment too late, I am unable to round up enough people that is required for that particular assignment.
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteI have also waited till the last minute to do assignments, and ended up stressing myself out trying to get stuff done. And yes, being stuck at home has thrown a curve ball right in everyone’s face, and learning how to be productive during this time has defiantly caused everyone to make adjustments and learn new ways of working through the system. Overall, great job on this post.
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteI think we can all agree that although this class may seem easy, there is a lot of outside the classroom work that cannot be done in the last minute, so setting yourself with adequate amount of time to complete the assignments is imperative to succeed in this course. I also liked your third bullet point under 'three things to tell a student about fostering skills that support tenacity' where you wrote about having a goal to work towards. Having something to work for makes a huge difference in your ability to persevere and succeed.