Friday, June 19, 2020

What’s Your Secret Sauce?

1.     I think that my human capital is unique because:
·      I am a very thorough and detail-oriented person.
·      I am persistent and determined, sometimes to a fault.
·      I am hardworking. I never shirk from doing work that needs to be done.
·      I have good people skills and am very considerate of others.
·      I am driven and motivated. I am good at setting goals and pushing myself to accomplish those goals.

2.     Interview One: My first interview was with my mom.



Some of characteristics of my human capital that my mom identified were that I have good morals, that I am loyal and caring, and that I am responsible and trustworthy. She also noted that I am thorough with details.


Interview Two: My second interview was with my friend Bre.



Some of characteristics of my human capital that Bre identified were that I am extremely welcoming of others, that I am a good mediator, and that I am kind. She also mentioned that I was inclusive and helped bring people together, even with something as simple as baking sweets.


Interview Three: My third interview was with my younger sister.


Some of characteristics of my human capital that my sister identified were that I am kind, that I am smart, that I am detail-oriented, and that I am motivated and driven. She said that I was driven to the point of competitiveness, which helped me better myself.


Interview Four: My fourth interview was with my friend Emma.



Some of characteristics of my human capital that Emma identified were that I am kind, caring, and responsible. She also mentioned that I love animals and that I was good at baking.


Interview Five: My fifth interview was with my dad.



Some of characteristics of my human capital that my dad identified were that I am kind, caring, smart, and driven. He said that I have an aptitude for learning things and that I was a good leader and worked well with others.


3.     I noticed that I think of myself in terms of skills that relate to productivity, while my friends and family often spoke of my personality and emotional attributes. I think that this difference occurs because I tend to forget about emotional attributes when thinking about myself. I think that my interviewees were correct and that my personality is a huge part of what make me unique. If I were to go back and revise my initial list, I would add that I am a kind and caring person, and I would add that I am very responsible.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,
    First of all, I loved seeing how your family came together to tell you about your human capital, in their opinion. A strong family and building strong relationships are two items to include as part of your human capital. With family, they do not tend to relate HC to skills/productivity because they encounter your "off work" or more emotion-driven side more often, from my evaluation of my own family's descriptions. An educational skill you could include in your studies at UF, our learning experience is unique, and UF works hard to prepare us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    I believe your emotional attributes are important and what sets you apart from other people. Personally, I have issues with connecting with people on an emotional level - and I feel like you could use that to your advantage when it comes to your product. Buyers love purchasing products where it makes them feel like "they are doing their part in the world" and I believe you can always link your product to something that you personally care about in order to market on a bigger scale.

    ReplyDelete