Thursday, July 9, 2020

Elevator Pitch No. 2




Reflection: Overall, I received mostly positive feedback on
my first elevator pitch, which was really encouraging. The most insightful
feedback that I received was that I should include more details on how my
venture actually planned on earning money. While I had mentioned it in my
initial pitch, I did not spend a lot of time explaining the business model. The
most surprising feedback I received was that my first pitch was a little hard
to hear, as I am typically a louder person. While this feedback was surprising,
it was also very helpful, because people need to be able to hear an elevator
pitch.

Changes: Based on the feedback that I received, I emphasized
about how the business planned to earn revenue and spoke louder. To keep the
pitch from getting too long, I also reworded several parts of the pitch to make
them more concise, cutting out unessential details.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Significant changes included in pitch 2! You had great inflection and memorized your speech. The opening stats helped provide a base as to why they need caretakers to exist. I thought it was compelling to hear the health benefits for seniors to have a companion available more often than busy family members. When everyone hears that personal connection can help reduce health issues, think of their loved one, and reflect on how they can improve the quality of life for their beloved seniors. I also appreciated how you included future statistics on the older population to highlight how Nanny for Granny can grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,
    Great job on this post. You seemed to have memorized it very well and you spoke with great enthusiasm and inflection in your voice. My one critique would be to keep it within the 1.5 minute time restriction, but I also went overtime in mine and it is hard to try to pack so much information in 1.5 minutes. Very nice pitch.

    ReplyDelete