Reflection: I was really excited to see that I received
incredibly positive feedback on my second pitch. It was heartening to see people
respond well to both the pitch and the business idea in general. The most
important feedback that I received was that I needed to try to shorten my pitch
to get it closer to 90 seconds. I had deliberately spoken slowly trying to
avoid the trap of subconsciously speaking quickly, but the result was a very
slow speech with many pauses. I was surprised that several people thought I had
my pitch memorized, as I felt that I still stumbled over my words and forgot my
place several times. While I nearly have the pitch memorized, I would want to
continue to practice it and maybe alter it to be more concise before I presented
it in a business setting. Over the three pitch attempts, I didn’t get any more
comfortable in front of the camera, but I do think that my completed pitch is
better now than when I began this process.
incredibly positive feedback on my second pitch. It was heartening to see people
respond well to both the pitch and the business idea in general. The most
important feedback that I received was that I needed to try to shorten my pitch
to get it closer to 90 seconds. I had deliberately spoken slowly trying to
avoid the trap of subconsciously speaking quickly, but the result was a very
slow speech with many pauses. I was surprised that several people thought I had
my pitch memorized, as I felt that I still stumbled over my words and forgot my
place several times. While I nearly have the pitch memorized, I would want to
continue to practice it and maybe alter it to be more concise before I presented
it in a business setting. Over the three pitch attempts, I didn’t get any more
comfortable in front of the camera, but I do think that my completed pitch is
better now than when I began this process.
Changes: I did not make any significant changes to the text
of my speech, but I did try to limit my pauses and speak slightly quicker to
make the pitch shorter in length.
of my speech, but I did try to limit my pauses and speak slightly quicker to
make the pitch shorter in length.
No comments:
Post a Comment