Friday, July 31, 2020

Celebrating Failure

Something I have failed at this semester was procrastinating less. I have a horrible habit of procrastinating on pretty much every assignment I have to complete. This semester, I set a personal goal to improve my time management and be more proactive with my work. Since I was less busy than usual this semester due to the pandemic, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to create some better time management habits. In reality, I found it more difficult to become motivated to work on school when I had less things on my schedule, so I pretty much completely failed in improving my habits.

 

Something I learned from this failure was the importance of self-discipline. I also realized how much you can learn and improve from failure. Self-discipline and accountability can act as intrinsic motivators to help us achieve our personal goals, big and small. They can also help us examine ourselves and improve from our inevitable failures, preventing us from making the same mistakes over and over again.

 

Personally, I tend not to handle failures that well. I am a very motivated and driven person, so I don’t like not achieving goals I set for myself, especially if I invest a lot of time and energy into achieving the goal. I typically want to ignore the failure as much as possible rather than critically examining what actually went wrong. While I am still a very risk-adverse person, I think that this class has pushed me to be willing to take more risks by teaching us about flexibility and adaptability, which help to mitigate the risk of failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment